Resources for Faculty and Department Heads
The Office of Faculty Affairs Offers several resources and programs to support faculty and leadership success at UGA:
- Faculty Learning Opportunities, a set of workshops and informal meetings for new and established faculty and academic leaders. Includes the Faculty Learning Series, Creating a Sustainable Writing Practice, Summer Faculty Leadership Institute and Aspire Faculty Fellows Program.
- Time- and stress-management resources – Click here to view a list of resources related to improving time- and stress management
- The NCFDD's Core Curriculum, a series of webinars designed to enhance research productivity, time- and stress-management and work-life balance.*
- Tenure-track and clinical faculty promotion and tenure dossier preparation workshops on February 21 and March 31, 2017 and promotion and tenure workshops on March 21 and April 14 (registration for February and March classes is open now).
A four-part training program for new department heads that is also open to experienced campus leaders (dates & topics/session are listed at the registration page).
- NDAH and Sexual Harassment Policies – Key Points
- Strategic Budget Management
- Conflict Strategy Approaches
- Interview Inquiry Guide - Permissible and impermissible prehire questions
- Responding to student concerns – See Student Care and Outreach website and resources folder
- Planning for Emergencies on Campus
- Curriculum systems
- On-Campus Resource Guide
- Generic Administrative Calendar for Department Heads
- Recommended Books, Online Resources, and Leadership Training Programs for Campus Leaders
- The NCFDD’s Department Chair Intensive, a four-part webinar series that includes discussions on how to be an active scholar/researcher while also being an effective department head.*
For more information on Office of Faculty Affairs programming, contact Susanna Calvert.
* To access NCFDD content, choose "Become a Member" and "Claim your Institutional Membership" to create an account and sign in.