UGA summit on women in agriculture pulls attendees from throughout Southeast
More than 150 agricultural leaders from across 13 Southern states and Washington, D.C., converged on the University of Georgia’s campus in Athens on Feb. 8 to discuss leadership roles for women in agriculture.
UGA history department launches summer public history program in D.C.
A new University of Georgia program in public history is offering students the opportunity to learn about the professional side of their discipline—through archiving artifacts, giving tours of historic sites or curating a historical collection of films—while living in Washington, D.C.
Finalist for campus dean of GRU/UGA Medical Partnership to visit Athens, Augusta
A finalist in the ongoing search for the position of campus dean of the Georgia Regents University/University of Georgia Medical Partnership will visit Athens and Augusta later this month to meet with faculty, staff, students and community members.
News Release Archive
- Researchers work to change athletes’ perception, reporting of concussions
- Grady Sports students to cover 2016 Olympic Games in Rio
- Bledsoe named inaugural UGA Athletic Association Professor in Resilient Infrastructure
- UGA conference to focus on community leadership
- Four finalists for dean of UGA School of Social Work to visit campus
- UGA researchers make link between genetics, aging
- University of Georgia to collaborate with GeoVax on Zika vaccine
- Helping the helpers: Improving safety for volunteer wildlife rehabilitators
- Study: Vacations can lead to weight gain, contribute to ‘creeping obesity’
- Simon Kilmurry and Monica Pearson appointed to Peabody Awards Board of Jurors
- When loved ones battle cancer, families head to Web for information more than support
- Ecotourism, natural resource conservation proposed as allies to protect natural landscapes
- Mellon grant to help academic publishers increase workforce diversity
- UGA president to chair SEC working group on compliance, enforcement, governance
- UGA professor contributes to new science education guidelines
- UGA presents 2016 President’s Fulfilling the Dream Award
- UGA law school creates elite fellowship with Goddard Foundation gift
- Sanford Bishop to deliver 2016 Holmes-Hunter Lecture at UGA
- UGA launches Georgia Certified Economic Developer program
- Leader chosen for nation’s first legal clinic solely dedicated to victims of child sexual abuse