Brain structure varies depending on how trusting people are of others, study shows
A recent study from the University of Georgia shows differences in brain structure according to how trusting people are of others.
Institute of Higher Education to host 50th Anniversary Conference
The University of Georgia Institute of Higher Education will hold a daylong 50th Anniversary Conference on March 30 at the Georgia Center for Continuing Education. The conference will bring together alumni, faculty, students, staff and friends to celebrate the past successes of the institute and chart a path for the future.
Link identified between virus recognition, destruction in bacterial immune system
An immune system that helps bacteria combat viruses is yielding unlikely results such as the ability to edit genome sequences and potentially correct mutations that cause human disease.
News Release Archive
- UGA licensing and startup programs combine as Innovation Gateway
- Georgia middle and high school students attend state’s first Youth Ocean Conservation Summit
- Georgia Museum of Art to present science-inspired exhibition
- Four UGA faculty members receive Meigs Professorships
- UGA receives $1.7 million USDA grant to improve nutrition in Georgia
- UGA dedicates residential learning facility in Washington, D.C.
- Traditional forms of media coverage valued over advertising, UGA study finds
- UGA professors recognized by Society of American Foresters for outreach, research work
- Plant chemicals may prevent liver damage caused by fat accumulated during menopause
- Student Government Association honors faculty members
- UGA researchers discover new clues for treatment of antibiotic-resistant bacteria
- UGA Press to develop book series based on the Morehouse Martin Luther King Jr. Collection
- Associated Press correspondent named winner of McGill Medal for Journalistic Courage
- Retired UGA professor to discuss the collision of literary and personal history
- Savannah River Ecology Laboratory researchers develop a targeted approach to reduce rabies
- Experiential learning enables UGA students to create e-book about millennials in public relations
- Exercise reduces stress: UGA scientists discover why
- Three UGA faculty members receive Russell Awards for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching
- UGA to dedicate Washington, D.C., facility Feb. 26
- UGA research finds females, males use sexual assault hotlines differently