1.18-6 Employment of Relatives
No individual shall be employed (in a full-time, part-time, temporary, or student worker position) in a school, college, department or unit which will result in the existence of a subordinate-superior relationship between such individual and any relative of such individual through any line of authority. For the purposes of this policy, relatives are defined as husbands and wives, parents and children, brothers, sisters, and any in-laws of the foregoing. As used herein, "line of authority" shall mean authority extending vertically through one or more organizational levels of supervision or management. To comply with required internal controls, department heads are responsible for ensuring relatives (as defined above) do not control the scheduling, timekeeping, or other payroll functions for employees in this category
- Any individual employed as of February 14, 1990, at any institution where a relative of such individual then holds a superior position at least one level of supervision removed from such individual in any line of authority; or
- Exceptions approved by the Board of Regents upon recommendation of the Chancellor as being clearly in the best interest of the Institution and the University System.
- Any employee hired after 2/1/2015 into a school, college, department or unit in which any other relative is already employed shall require approval by the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost, or other appropriate Vice President.
- Office of the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
- Board of Regents Policy Manual, § 8.2.3