4.07-17 Midterm Course Evaluations
Instructors are encouraged to administer midterm evaluations in their courses each semester. Questions for that evaluation might include:
- What’s working?
- What’s not working?
- How can we make it better?
The midterm course evaluation:
- Will be administered by the instructor (proctors are not necessary)
- Will be used only by the instructor to improve the course
- Will not be used to evaluate the instructor during the promotion and tenure process or annual evaluations
- Will not be kept as a record
The midterm evaluation can provide instructors with feedback on how to improve their courses and allow students an opportunity to provide input before the academic period is complete. This process may have a positive effect on the end-of-term course evaluation.
- University Council Curriculum Committee, February 10, 2010