5.01-2 Social Uses of Instructional Areas
- In general, instructional areas are not to be used for social occasions, except as outlined below.
Small receptions may be held within instructional areas, provided the following rules are observed:
- only light, non-alcoholic refreshments are served;
- such receptions are held in direct conjunction with academic functions, such as awards ceremonies, convocations, initiations into academic societies, concerts, art shows, and the like;
- no loud music or other entertainment is to be provided during the reception;
- an explicit provision is made for clean-up of the area by the individuals or group sponsoring the event; and
- rules governing the use of the academic facility do not already prevent its use for this purpose.
- Other social occasions requiring the use of University facilities and which do not qualify under 2 above, must be cleared through the University authorities directly in charge of those facilities.
- Office of the Vice President for Instruction, May 27, 1976