Appointment, Promotion & Tenure
Recruitment of faculty is key to the University’s future. Each appointment, with its subsequent tenure and promotion decisions, shapes the quality of the institution. The Office of Faculty Affairs maintains official University records relating to faculty appointment, promotion and tenure.
Guidelines for Appointment, Promotion and Tenure and related materials are linked below. Other policies — as well as guidelines for appointment and promotion of clinical faculty, lecturers and academic professionals — are linked at left.
- Guidelines for Appointment, Promotion and Tenure Revised Spring 2014
- UGA Promotion and Tenure Unit (PTU) Criteria for Academic Rank (tenure track) Faculty
- UGA Tenure Clock Calendar
- Promotion and/or Tenure Electronic Dossier Checklist Revised 7/29/11
- Promotion and Tenure Quick Reference 2016-2017 Cycle
- Administrative Guidelines
- Promotion and Tenure Workshop Materials Spring 2016
- Office of Faculty Affairs Promotion and Tenure Page (Forms, Memos, etc)