New Faculty Resources
- New faculty getting started checklist
- New Faculty Orientation 2018 - The 2018 New Faculty Orientation will be held on Wednesday, August 1, 2018 in Masters Hall of the Georgia Center for Continuing Education. Registration begins at 8:00
a.m., the program at 8:30 a.m., and a reception follows immediately after from 4:00
- 5:30 p.m. Register by July 15th by clicking here; an email invitation will also be sent directly to new faculty in late June, 2018.
Use this form to learn about and/or register for one of our supplemental activities:
- Campus tour - Learn your way around campus with 90-minute campus tour! The campus tours generally occur every weekday at 8:30, 11:30 and 2:30. We suggest that new faculty attend the 11:30 or 2:30 sessions on August 31 or September 2 so you can meet each other. Register early before they fill up at https://visit.uga.edu/tours/ .
- New faculty workshop - Join us for a half-day workshop entitled, Staying Sane as a New Faculty Member Workshop. Choose from either Friday, August 10 or Thursday, August 16. Registration for Fall workshops is currently closed.
- Benefits workshop - Three classes are reserved on July 30, July 31 and August 2, just for new faculty to learn about Benefits and Retirement Plans so that you can understand the options and make selections. Registeration for these workshops are closed, but please see https://hr.uga.edu/ to find out more about benefits and benefit workshops.
- Mailing list for professional development - We will be launching a series of workshops just for our new and junior faculty! Check back on this page, or send us your email address to make sure you never miss one of our learning opportunities! Email Susanna.Calvert@uga.edu to be added to our mailing list.
- What to do my first semester at UGA - Tips on getting started in your faculty position at UGA.
For more information on Office of Faculty Affairs programming, or to be added to our email list, contact Susanna Calvert.