Professional Development and Resources for Academic Leaders
- Faculty Learning Opportunities, a set of workshops and informal meetings for new and established faculty and academic leaders. In addition to the Faculty Learning Series, we offer cohort programs including the Creating a Sustainable Writing Program, Summer Faculty Leadership Institute and Aspire Faculty Fellows Program.
- The New Department Head Orientation is a four-part, fall semester training program
for new department heads, associate deans, and directors that is also open to experienced
campus leaders who want to refresh their understanding ofUGA policies and further
develop their leadership skills. Hand-outs from the most recent offering of the program
- NDAH and Sexual Harassment Policies – Key Points
- Legal considerations
- Strategic Budget Management
- Basics of Accounting and Financial Management
- Interview Inquiry Guide - Permissible and impermissible prehire questions
- Conflict Strategy Approaches
- Responding to student concerns – for more information see Student Care and Outreach website and resources folder
- Planning for Emergencies on Campus
- Curriculum systems
- Generic Administrative Calendar for Department Heads
- The NCFDD’s Department Chair Intensive, a four-part webinar series that includes discussions on how to be an active scholar/researcher while also being an effective department head.*
- The Women's Leadership Fellows Program
- SEC Academic Leadership Development Program (ALDP) exposes faculty interested in administration to the challenges and rewards of such institutional service and prepares them for potential leadership positions within the academy.
- Recommended Books, Online Resources, and Leadership Training Programs for Campus Leaders
For more information on Office of Faculty Affairs programming, or to be added to our email list, contact Susanna Calvert.
* To access NCFDD content, choose "Become a Member" and "Claim your Institutional Membership" to create an account and sign in.