Professional Development and Resources for Faculty
- Faculty Learning Opportunities, a set of workshops and informal meetings for new and established faculty and academic leaders. Cohort programs include Creating a Sustainable Writing Practice, New Department Head Orientation, Summer Faculty Leadership Institute and Aspire Faculty Fellows Program.
- Facult Interest Groups - Want to gather with faculty without the formality of an FLC? Help to create a Faculty Interest Group around one of your favorite activities or communities! Click here to learn more.
- Tenure-track and clinical faculty promotion and tenure procedures workshops on January 30, 2019 from 1:30-3:30 pm and March 12, 2019 from 10-12 pm, both offered in the Training and Development Building. Also, the promotion and tenure dossier preparation workshop will be held on February 13, 2019 from 10 - 12pm and April 2, 2019 from 10-12 pm, also in the Training and Development Building.
- OFA Professional Development newsletters - Lists general and theme-related resources on- and off-campus.
- Space and time for faculty writing at the Miller Learning Center - Drop in during designated writing times, get coffee and/or discounts at MLC Jittery Joe's! Also, during the fall semester, meet with Office of Research's Proposal Enhancement, with Dee Warmath for help writing manuscripts, or OFA's coach for informal meetings, or goal-setting discussions to help you meet your writing goals. Writing space is also available on the Gwinnett campus every Saturday this Fall.
- Write@UGA has many resources for faculty as writers and who teach writing. Register online to attend the spring Faculty Writing Retreat (choose May 15 or May 16, 2018) by May 8, 2018.
- The NCFDD's Core Curriculum, a series of webinars designed to enhance research productivity, time- and stress-management and work-life balance.*
- Tai chi and yoga - Tai chi (Mondays, 8 AM) and yoga (Wednesdays, 4 PM) will be offered through mid-November at the Miller Learning Center North Tower (see attached flyer). This effort is co-sponsored between our office and the UGA Student Health Center/Fontaine Center, Miller Learning Center, and Human Resources. *Note tai chi cancelled on September 10*
- On-Campus Resource Guide
- See topics related to Interview questions, conflict, and student concerns below.
For more information on Office of Faculty Affairs programming, or to be added to our email list, contact Susanna Calvert.