3.02 Prohibitions in Classrooms
3.02-1 Policy for Smoking, Food or Drink in Classrooms during Academic Classes§
Smoking and tobacco use is prohibited on the entire campus.
Food is prohibited in all classrooms during Academic classes. Drinks are permitted only in spill-proof containers.
It is the responsibility of each instructor to require students to comply with this policy. It is also the responsibility of each dean and department head to require the same compliance by all teaching personnel.
- Campus Reservations Office, April 2003
- University Council Minutes, June 1, 1987
- University System of Georgia Tobacco and Smoke-Free Campus Policy 9.1.7, October 1, 2014
3.02-2 Prohibition of Animals in Buildings§
Animals are prohibited inside all campus facilities, except in areas where academic pursuits require their presence (e.g., animal science, veterinary medicine, etc.) or in cases where the animal serves a disabled person (e.g., guide dogs).
- Office of the Vice President for Instruction, April 12, 1985
3.02-3 Tobacco and Smoke-Free Campus§
Smoking and tobacco use is prohibited on the entire campus. This includes:
- indoor and outdoor areas
- all buildings
- recreational areas
- athletic facilities
- university sidewalks
- university vehicles
- parking lots
Prohibited products include:
- cigarettes, cigars, and pipes
- all forms of smokeless tobacco
- clove cigarettes
- any smoking device that uses tobacco such as hookahs or simulates the use of tobacco such as electronic cigarettes