Provost's Seminar Series
Spring 2020 Seminar Series
Daryll J. Pines | Engineering
"Aerospace Prizes Inspire the Five I’s of Success"
- Dean, Clark School of Engineering
- Professor of Aerospace Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
March 5, 2020
Reception: 3:30 p.m., Coverdell Rotunda
Seminar: 4:00 p.m., Coverdell Auditorium (Room 175)
Pines is a member of the National Academy of Engineering (NAE), American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), and Institute of Physics (IOP).
POSTPONED: Roger Cone | Life Sciences
- Mary Sue Coleman Director & Research Professor, U-M Life Sciences Institute
- Vice Provost & Director, U-M Biosciences Initiative
- Professor, Department of Molecular & Integrative Physiology, U-M
- Medical School Professor, Molecular, Cellular & Developmental Biology, LSA
March 30, 2020
Seminar: 9:30 a.m., Coverdell Auditorium
Cone is a member of the National Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Medicine, and Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
Hosted by the Office of Research
Johanna Drucker | Digital Humanities
- Breslauer Professor of Bibliographical Studies, Department of Information Studies at UCLA
- Distinguished Professor of Information Studies
September 17, 2020
Siminar: 4:00 p.m., Location TBD
Drucker is a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences
Hosted by the Willson Center for Humanities and Arts, Libraries and Lamar Dodd School of Art
Event hosted by the College of Engineering
The Office of the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost is seeking nominations for a seminar series that brings members of the following academies to campus to share their insights and meet with members of the campus community:
- American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- National Academy of Sciences
- National Academy of Engineering
- National Academy of Medicine
The Provost’s Office will invite up to two speakers each Fall and Spring semester, and nominations will be considered on a rolling basis. Nominations for the Provost’s Seminar Series may be submitted via this link.
Nominators and their respective unit heads or deans are expected to serve as hosts
for their selected speaker. The Provost’s Office will cover all travel expenses for
speakers and provide a nominal honorarium. Talks given through the Provost’s Seminar
Series are also eligible for designation as a Signature Lecture.
All nominations will be retained for future consideration if not selected initially. For more information about the Provost’s Seminar Series, please contact Will Richardson at (706) 583-0506 or email@example.com.