2020-2021 contracts for all contract-eligible, fiscal and academic faculty will be available electronically through the Faculty Data Self Service (FDSS) area of OneUSG Connect. Faculty are expected to gain access to their contracts for review, print and signature at the beginning of June 2020; however, this timeline is dependent upon approval of the FY 2021 state budget, which is currently delayed due to reduced operations at the university and state level.
Faculty are expected to sign their contracts within 20 days of receipt. Faculty members are encouraged to verify their login and access to OneUSG Connect and their Faculty Data Self Service before end of the spring semester.
Similar to previous years, the contract administration process will begin with Budget Development. Units will have the ability to preview contract data before delivery to their faculty’s FDSS pages in the OneUSG Connect system. New and corrected contracts may be requested by the appointment unit’s business office after the first cycle of contracts are delivered.
The Office of Faculty Affairs and UGA’s OneSource Project have developed a number of communication and training opportunities to ensure that units and faculty are prepared to utilize this method of faculty contract administration.
Faculty support materials:
If you need help signing your contract please refer to the following resources:
- A Quick Reference Guide
- A tutorial in the OneSource Training Library. To navigate to the interactive tutorial:
- Click the ‘+’ next to ‘Signing Your Faculty Contract in OneUSG
- Connect and select ‘See It!’ or ‘Try It’ under ‘Viewing and Signing a Faculty Contract’”
Appointment unit support materials:
- A recorded webinar on the overall contract administration process. In the meantime, the slides for the webinar are posted here for your reference.
- A tutorial in the OneSource training library on how to check your unit's FY21 contract data for errors before the distribution of contracts to faculty. Be sure to select "Running the Faculty Contract Dept Review Query", which is posted under "Faculty Contract Delivery for Practitioners and Liaisons".
- Instructions for accessing and reviewing contract data Query access available Monday July 6th
- Error Reporting Form Please complete by 5 p.m. Thursday July 9th
- Instructions to request corrected contracts after the first cycle of contracts is generated